This Sunday everyone will be tuned to their television to watch some hot girls eating doritos, frogs singing about beer, a baby talking about finances, and maybe to watch the Superbowl! There are plenty of websites that have which commercials will be playing and the scoop, here’s one to check out. I also love all of the fun (ny) facts that come out during the game, it’s kind of like the Olympics. Here’s a few random ones:
1. 1.23 billion chicken wings fans will be eating on Sunday (that’s 4 wings per person in the US),
2. Vegetables are the top food eaten in homes during Super Bowl (maybe they were drunk when they wrote these facts or they forgot about the wings),
3. Nearly one-third of U.S. adults are likely to bet on the big game,
4. Of the 10 most-watched programs in U.S. television history, nine of them are Super Bowls. In fact, last year’s Super Bowl tops the list with a whopping 111.3 million viewers,
5. 51.7 million cases of beer are sold to quench Super Bowl fans,
6. Antacids sales increase 20% on the day after Super Bowl,
7. For the first time in Super Bowl history, two brothers will face off against each other as head coaches.
Are you having a party at your house? The one nice thing about football is that there are so many commercials it is pretty easy to eat, drink, mingle and go to the bathroom. Try putting a crockpot up with barbequed pork for easy make yourself sliders. Here are some other food ideas from FoodTV including some yummy sounding wings.
PS – In case you are wondering, it is the San Francisco 49ers (go local boys) against the Baltimore Ravens.